COVID-19 coronavirus updates
Your safety is our top priority! To that effect, we have made the following changes and recommendations on our tours:
- We are going above and beyond the government guidelines and are capping our in-person tours at a maximum of 8 participants (both public and private tours)
- We have introduced a new Peace of Mind Private Tour option - for a small top-up you can book a private tour - available for group sizes between 4 - 8 people!
- Important! It is now mandatory by law wear masks in indoor spaces - we will be entering a few stores so please bring your own mask. Out of safety and respect to your tour guide and fellow guests, we strongly recommend that you keep masks on throughout the tour duration (even outdoors). Please note that if you do not have your own mask, we have disposable masks available for $1.
- Important! It is also mandatory to provide your vaccine passport in order to attend the tour. This is not only because it is required by law to be fully vaccinated, but also for the comfort of the other guests and our guides, and so that everyone can stay healthy and safe during the tour!
- Important! We highly encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer, as you will not have access to a sink and soap before every food sample.
- If you feel sick, stay home! Our new flexible rescheduling policy: Tours booked can be rescheduled up to 24 hours in advance with no penalties, or up to 2 hours before the tour for a change cost of $10 per ticket. Refunds on a case by case basis.
Shop at our partner stores
Local stores are what make Toronto special, and it's so unfortunate that these businesses have been hit especially hard by the pandemic. Whether or not you come on a Tasty Tour, we encourage you to shop at some of these amazing stores that we visit during the tour. Let's help keep the lights on for those who bring light to our city!
*We try to update this list frequently, but some times information changes. We encourage you to call businesses in advance of visiting or check their websites/social media for the latest updates.
Best Istanbul - They're open for patio dining and take-out by walk-in, phone or Ritual, as well as delivery via UberEats, SkipTheDishes and Foodora. Yay for pide!
Blue Banana Market - Their retail store is open, as is their online shop for deliveries.
Caribbean Corner (171 Baldwin St, 416-593-0008) - Yvonne's small but mighty grocery store is open for business! Get your fresh vegetables, spices and more.
Daan Go Cake Lab - Their store is open for take-out, as well as online orders (delivery) from their website, UberEats and MyFod. If anything can make you feel better about self isolation it would be Daan Go's cute cakes and character macarons.
Ding Dong Pastries (416-640-2761) - Open for take-out! Aunty is here daily.
Moonbean Coffee Company - They're open daily 7 - 5 for take-out coffee and patio dining. You can also purchase coffee beans and gift cards in store.
Pancho's Bakery - Their stores are open for take-out, and you can find them on Uber Eats and Foodora. 'Churro-kay'.
Soul Chocoate - Online orders and take-out are available!
SOMA Chocolatemaker - Their online shop is open! You can order online and choose from curbside pick-up or delivery. For orders above $50, they offer free ground shipping in Canada, as well as a free 'drive and drop' service in Toronto.
Tibet Cafe - Yewong's restaurant is open for patio dining and take-out. Time to feast on Toronto's best vege momos!
Toronto Popcorn Company - Their Kensington store is permanently closed but you can find their popcorn at Blue Banana Market, online, or in their Beaches location.
For a list of what's open in Kensington Market, check the Kensington Market BIA website or social media.
How about a quick and no-cost way to support? Leave a review or send your favourite local businesses some words of support via social media or email! We at Tasty Tours would also love to hear from you. If you've ever been on a tour, please consider leaving us a review on TripAdvisor or Google. Every little bit counts!